Call for Session Proposals – ASLO 2018 Summer Meeting
10-15 June 2018, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
In 2018, ASLO will be returning to beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, for its summer meeting. We encourage to make plans to attend and to be a part of the important dialogue that will take place among limnologists and oceanographers from around the world.
The conference theme is “Water Connects!” Water connects everything and everyone! Water transcends and connects all spheres: the lithosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere – from fresh to salty, from microscopic to macroscopic. Water connects us to each other and to resources – across cultures and society, across politics and international boundaries. However, these elements are too frequently studied in isolation. This meeting will encourage you to bring your knowledge, curiosity, and creativity to connect with each other and to share your passion for water.
As part of the ASLO meeting experience, meaningful field trips, activities, and excursions will be planned that will provide an opportunity to experience the breathtaking beauty and awe- inspiring wonder of Victoria.
We welcome proposals for special sessions on topics relevant to freshwater and marine systems and encourage submissions that examine connectivity across aquatic habitats at global, local, and microbial scales. We hope that you will consider developing an idea for a special session that will contribute to a lively conference.
- Identify at least two co-chairs;
- Include an informative session title;
- Include a short (200 words) session description;
- Indicate the desired format (talks/posters/both);
- Be submitted by the 1 October 2017 deadline via the online submission form: https://aslo.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1160
Following the close of the session submission site, proposals will be reviewed by the meeting co-chairs and members of the scientific committee.
- Call for Session Proposals Posted: June 2017
- Session Proposal Deadline: 1 October 2017
- Session Proposers Notified: 31 October 2017
- Call for Abstracts Posted: January 2018
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 9 February 2018
If you have questions about the scientific program, please contact the meeting co-chairs:
For practical and logistical information about the meeting, please contact:
Helen Schneider Lemay, email@example.com