The Government of Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers a Research Scholarship to foreign students. The Consulate General of Japan in Miami is now accepting applications for the 2019 MEXT Research Scholarship.
The Research Scholarship is offered to exceptional foreign students who wish to conduct research at Japanese universities (MA and/or Ph.D. degrees may be awarded depending on the chosen course of study). The scholarship is good for 2 years of non-degree research at a Japanese university or through completion of a Master’s or Ph.D. course.
Only Florida Residents may apply through the Consulate General of Japan in Miami. Residents of other countries or U.S. states should contact their nearest Consulate General of Japan or Embassy of Japan.
- Be a U.S. citizen (to apply in the U.S.)
- Be under 35 years of age (born on/after April 2, 1984)
- Be a university or college graduate with a 4-year degree or greater
- Intend to research a field the same or related to what the applicant studied in at their previous university
- Have a high scholastic achievement
Inquiries on this opportunity may be sent to email@example.com. The deadline for this application is Friday, June 1st, 2018.