In collaboration with FIU, the Université Aube Nouvelle is now accepting applications for doctoral studies scholarships within the Framework of FIU’s African Graduate Students Initiative (AGSI) coordinated by Dr. Lakhdar Boukerrou, Co-Director International Program at the Institute of Water and Environment.
FIU welcomes international students to join their diverse and intercultural community. More than 3800 students from over 120 countries study in over 68 undergraduate programs and 120 post-grad programs. FIU is universally recognized for its expansive research capabilities.
The Université Aube Nouvelle is a private university based in Burkina Faso with a degree of influence in Africa and internationally. Created in 1992, the Université Aube Nouvelle is one of the finest universities in West Africa. The university has two campuses, at Ouagadougou and Bobo-Dioulasso, and includes over 5000 students from over 20 nationalities. Aube Nouvelle is a member of Conseil Africain et Malagache (CAMES), l’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), l’Association des Universités Africaines (l’AUA) and the Conférence des Recteurs des Universités d’Afrique Francophone et de l’Océan Indien (CRUFAOCI).
These scholarships, of which there are 15 open positions, promote cross-cultural research and collaboration and are open to African students.
The priority fields of study include:
- Public Administration
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Africa and African Diaspora Studies
Note: Other fields of study are still accepted with this call for applications.
Conditions of eligibility include:
- Be admitted by one of the participating departments
- For more information visit the Global Affairs website.
Required application materials:
- Statement of Purpose
- Copies of transcript(s)
- Bachelors transcript
- Masters transcript
- Copies of diploma(s)
- Copy of Bachelors Diploma
- Copy of Masters Diploma
- Three (3) recommendation letters
- By 2 professors
- By a university authority where the student is registered
- A copy of your passport
Please send the materials as one (1) single PDF document with materials following the aforementioned order listed.
Please send all materials to the Université Aube Nouvelle by Sunday, July 15, 2018. You can send materials to email@example.com.
- A pre-selection will be done by a selection committee formed at the Université Aube Nouvelle. The committee will only consider complete applications submitted by the latest deadline of July 20 at 23:45 GMT.
- The pre-selected candidate must then submit their application to FIU, taking into consideration the FIU application deadlines outlined on the university website. Selected candidates will be contacted and will follow the university admissions process. See our International Guide for information regarding the conditions of admission for international students.
- The selection committee will be made up of representatives from:
- U-Auben (Université Aube Nouvelle)