California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Environmental Science and Resource Management.
CSUCI seeks an energetic, innovative colleague interested in deepening our commitment to data artistry, big data analytics and visualization, and in making substantial contributions to our growing campus.
Many responses to their local environmental and social challenges have become templates outside their region, e.g., recovery of endangered species, sea level rise adaptation, farmworker protections, offshore energy regulation, marine protected area networks, and smart growth land use policies.
All of those efforts have benefited from strong, data-based argumentation. The successful candidate will help them continue this tradition by augmenting their existing research efforts with new external funding and community collaborations.
- The successful candidate should have a strong record of teaching, research, and service (or be able to provide strong evidence of their promise in each of those areas) and demonstrated proficiency with turning large or complex data sets into engaging, usable information via a variety of digital tools.
- Should have two or more of the following disciplinary interests: coastal zone management, energy systems, climate science, big data, visual rhetoric, atmospheric science, water resource management, ecotoxicology, environmental justice, sustainability science, or conservation technologies.
- Strong digital/methodological skills spanning both proprietary (Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, Tableau, Matlab, Flourish, etc.) and open source (R, GitHub, MySQL, D3.js, Audacity, etc.) platforms, as well as experience or substantial interest in interpreting California’s coastal zone.
- A Ph.D. or terminal degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Geosciences, Hydrology, Anthropology, Applied Statistics, Digital Design, Data Journalism, or a related field is required at the time of appointment.
- The successful candidate will start in Fall 2019 semester.
How to Apply:
Please visit: https://www.csucifacultyjobs.com/, go to the Search Jobs tab, under Programs, click for “Environmental Science and Resource Management” and view “Environmental Science & Resource Management–Assistant Professor” position.
Application review begins on December 14, 2018
Please direct any questions to the chair: Dr. Sean Anderson’s number: (805) 732-2732 or email: ESRMSearch@gmail.com.