Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) is accepting applications for a school psychologist for the 2019-20 school year in Maryland. The mission of the PGCPS’s Office of Psychological Services is to promote educationally sound and psychologically healthy environments for all children and youth by implementing research based effective intervention programs that prevent problems, enhance independence, and promote optimal learning.
Job Title: School Psychologist – 11 Month
Job ID: IRC116799
The School Psychologist works within the school system, utilizing their specialized knowledge in education law, instruction, mental health and cognitive functioning and working with educators, parents and other mental health professionals to ensure that every child learns in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment. The services provided by school psychologists assure positive interaction between instructional programming and the individual student’s unique development and learning style. School Psychologists tailor their services to the particular needs of each child and situation.
- Meets educational and certification requirements and qualifying scores on the State-approved test for school psychologist
- Excellent human relation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Master’s or higher degree in school psychology from a State-approved program
- Culminating a minimum of a 1,200-hour internship in school psychology
- Meet qualifying scores on the State-approved test for school psychologist
- Possession of or eligible for a Maryland School Psychologist’s Certificate; OR
- Possession of or eligible for Certification as a Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP), issued by the National School Psychology Certification Board; OR
- A valid professional certificate in school psychology from another state and verification of at least 27 months of satisfactory performance as a school psychologist during the past 7 years on the basis of which application is being made for a comparable Maryland certificate.
How to Apply:
Click on the link and type in ID number: IRC116799