Posted By

FIU’s Veteran and Military Affairs recently held its first Graduating Veterans Recognition Ceremony.

Student veterans were honored for their academic achievements, involvements and contributions. Amongst those honored was Michelle Lux, who is a part of the Professional Science Masters in Forensic Science graduating cohort class.

Lux, United States Air Force, Operation Enduring Freedom combat veteran, received FIU’s first-ever presented Ernest McFarland Award for the highest student veteran grade point average.

She is an International Association for Identification, Certified Crime Scene Analyst and an International Firearm Specialist Academy, Certified Firearm Specialist. Lux provides forensic science specialty support for her agency with undergraduate and graduate education in forensic science.

“The Professional Science Masters in Forensic Science program of the International Forensic Research Institute has better positioned me to excel and lead in a forensic science career. Now with my education, operational and instructor experience–and most importantly–my passion for their mission, I plan to apply for a position with the National Forensic Science Technology Center,” says Lux.

Congratulations on this wonderful accomplishment and thank you for your service, Michelle!