Interested in or already have plans to travel abroad to Latin American/Caribbean for an internship?
The Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center is granting students of up to $2,000 for mini-grants to support FIU education students’ participation in an internship abroad with a focus on Latin America or the Caribbean. Funds awarded by this mini-grant are intended to cover specific costs associated with pursuing your international internship.
You can qualify for this incredible mini-grant if you:
- Are a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student within FIU’s School of Education and Human Development, or an in-service K12 teacher pursing any other degree at FIU
- Have already identified and be in the application a qualifying international internship opportunity
- Have specific unmet financial needs pertaining to pursing an international internship
The internship must:
- Take place outside of the US
- Have a specific focus on issues pertaining to Latin America and/or the Caribbean
- Further the educational knowledge, skills, and/or career goals of the applicant
Questions about this program should be directed to Eric Feldman.
This program is made possible with funding from LACC’s US Department of Education Title VI Grant.