Teach reading classes to students of all ages for Summer 2019
The Institute of Reading Development offers summer reading skills programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities nationwide. Each year they hire hard-working, encouraging people with a passion for reading to teach their summer programs.
As an Institute teacher you will:
- Earn more than $7,000 in one summer. Full-time teachers typically earn $600-$850 per week.
- Improve your teaching skills and confidence during our comprehensive, paid training program.
- Gain over 400 hours of classroom teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to adults.
- Help your students become successful readers with a love of great books.
They are seeking applicants from any academic discipline. All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or higher in their field before the start of their teaching season.
Successful Institute teachers:
- Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure
- Are responsible and hard-working, with good communication and organizational skills
- Will be patient and supportive with students
Sound like you? Learn more and apply today on their website: Summer Teaching Jobs.