Family Science Nights in the Florida Keys are back! FIU’s Center for Coastal Oceans Research will be hosting this fun-filled family friendly event at Ocean Reef Academy on March 14th at 5:00 p.m.
Family Science Nights bring together researchers and students from FIU, non-profit organizations, and environmental groups to connect them with the Florida Keys community. As part of our mission, we hope to ignite a love for science at a young age by showcasing research and science organizations in an engaging, hands-on, and memorable way. At these events we spark curiosity, inspire through science and discovery, and encourage learners of all ages to share in our love for science.
Participating organizations currently include:
- R.E.E.F, Reef Environmental Education Foundation
- Coral Restoration Foundation
- Island Dolphin Care
- University of Florida IFAS
- Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary
- Be the SEAlution
- Crocodile Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- Windley Key State Park
- South Florida Beekeeping Association
- UM Langdon Ocean Acidification Lab
If you would like to sign up to be a participating organization in the event please contact Analisa Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org.