Seamester Programs is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated marine science instructor to work with their study abroad program aboard the school ship S/Y Ocean Star or S/Y Argo starting in June 2019.
The successful candidate will:
- play an active role in the day-to-day operation of their program and lead the instruction for either the Introductory Marine Biology or Introductory Oceanography course
- foster an exciting experiential learning environment for the students on board, with appropriate field sampling and experiments
- creative and flexible in his/her approach to teaching and incorporate program activities and experiences into the course structure
- adaptable and willing to work in the ever-changing condition with sometimes difficult weather conditions that are characteristic of life at sea
- enthusiastic about traveling to various locales and working with different cultures and languages
- Master’s degree in marine biology, oceanography or related field
- Ability to teach a university-level introductory course in marine biology or oceanography
- PADI Dive Instructor certification.
- PhD in marine biology, oceanography or related field
- Prior experience teaching, preferably in field sciences.
- Boating experience, especially on large vessels or sailing vessels
Compensation is dependent on experience. Room and board, travel expenses and health insurance are provided. They are looking for somebody who can commit for the Summer of 2019, from early June to late August. There is the possibility of extending employment beyond that period as Seamester completes the build of its 3rd Sail Training vessel. Review of applications will begin immediately.
To apply, please visit their website and complete an online application for employment.
For any questions, email to email@example.com.