We recently hosted a Family Science Night at the Academy at Ocean Reef in Key Largo, Florida. Students and families were encouraged to learn about science, investigate the natural world and learn about how to become environmental stewards through hands-on and engaging activities.
Participating organizations included:
- History of Diving Museum
- Medina Aquarius Program
- Institute of Water and Environment
- Biscayne National Park (lionfish)
- Bonefish & Tarpon Trust
- Extreme Events Institute
- Windley Key State Park
- Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary
- Crocodile Lake Wildlife Preserve
- Island Dolphin Care
- Coral Restoration Foundation (CRF)
- Be The SEAlution
- South Florida Beekeeping Association
- Rookery Bay Research Reserve
- Seagrass Ecology Lab
- Marine Community & Behavioral Ecology Lab
- John Pennekamp State Park
Thank you to all organizations who took the time to teach The Academy students and their families about the important work you do!
Family Science Night is a program that connects FIU research and local science oriented organizations to community members. We host the event at different schools and communities throughout Miami-Dade and Monroe counties.