SEAS alumna awarded Polanowski Prize

Anya Goldina

School of Environment, Arts and Society alumna Anya Goldina was recently named the 2018-2019 Polanowski Prize for Excellence in Faculty-Student Advising and Mentorship recipient.

Goldina earned a Bachelor of Science with Honors in Biology from FIU and now serves as an assistant professor of biology at Elizabethtown College.

The Polanowski Prize is awarded to an Elizabethtown College faculty member to commend and celebrate excellence in advising and mentoring students toward successful graduate school placement and/or careers.

“As a mentor, I want to help my students recognize and believe that their ideas are useful and that they can have great insights,” Goldina said. “As collaborators and students, we work on joint projects, learn together and make mistakes. For me, it’s essential that my students believe that mistakes are part of discovery and part of lifelong learning.”

The professional development committee along with a representative group of current students chose Goldina as this year’s recipient.

This article first appeared in E-Town Now on April 3, 2019.