The Center for Coastal Oceans Research is looking for a dedicated and passionate student to join its team of professionals as part of the Federal Work Study Program.
Duties to include:
- Will be responsible for creating a semester long internship project in relation to marketing and science communications.
- Update the websites for FIU CCOR, using Cascade, a web content management system under the supervision of a CCOR staff member.
- Assist with creating materials to advertise CCOR programs, events and noncredit courses, in coordination with the communications office in the College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Draft social media posts, news items and video content to promote center activities, in coordination with the communications office in the College of Arts, Sciences & Education
- Attend CCOR education and outreach events in the Florida Keys.
- Attend tabling events that educate on Aquarius Reef Base and the value of living underwater to study the ocean at events throughout Florida.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are related to the position
This internship opportunity will have an employee supervisor guiding and mentoring the student throughout the experience.
The position pays $13 per hour. Students will work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
To apply for this position visit hr.fiu.edu. The job ID is 518454.