The Geological Society of America, the Geological Society of America Foundation and the U.S. National Committee for Geological Sciences are offering a travel grant and mentoring program for graduate students and early-career scientists (within seven years of receiving their PhD). The 36th International Geological Congress will be held on March 2-8, 2020, in Delhi, India.
Applicants must be residents or citizens of the U.S. and be enrolled in or employed at a U.S. institution.
The following items must be submitted by Sept. 30, 2019, for consideration.
- Online application and resume.
- Copy of the submitted abstract (as a first author) and proof of submission. Abstract deadline: Aug. 31, 2019.
- Record of relevant courses and grades (students only).
- One letter of recommendation.
- Cover letter addressing your reasons for attending the meeting and a prioritized budget of projected expenses.