Posted By

Group huddle - hands in the middle

A true university experience is about more than what happens in the classroom. Programs like the Masters of Science in Organizational Science are designed to allow students to develop the close personal relationships with their fellow students and faculty that help them succeed.

When asked what her favorite experience in the master’s program has been so far, Jacqueline Diaz responded, “Having friends [in a cohort-based program] who understand what you’re going through I think has been one of the best parts.”  

Through small class sizes, students create friendships and receive personalized attention. Professors get to know students one-on-one, mentoring them through their academic career and into the professional world.

With a curriculum rigorously grounded in industrial and organizational psychology, students learn to implement and evaluate workplace practices based on scientific evidence. The accelerated program is designed to be completed in four semesters and prepare students to be successful managers who increase productivity.

“It is refreshing and challenging at the same time,” Christopher Wargo, organizational science master’s student said. “As I look back at my time in the program, I realized that being pushed each and every class made me grow and prepared me for my future practitioner endeavors.”

The program follows a lock-step structure – a set schedule that is established beforehand – avoiding a multitude of stressors that are inevitable in a traditional program. 

Advice for future cohorts? Vanessa Pedroni says, “Think to yourself: ‘How would this come up [at] work?’ with every topic you study.” 

The program is now accepting applications for the cohort beginning in August 2020. Complete applications must be received no later than June 1, 2020. 

For more information, please visit orgscience.fiu.edu or e-mail orgscience@fiu.edu.