The Tropical Conservation Institute is seeking four outstanding students to participate in TCI’s IRES Program, a research training program in lemur, sea turtle and marine mammal conservation in Madagascar. Students should have a strong interest in animal conservation, have basic knowledge of ecological research principles and procedures, and be comfortable with spending 7 weeks in Madagascar collecting data and working in forest or marine environments.
- Pre-field semester; Spring 2020 (16 hours of course-work).
- Paid internship in Madagascar; Summer 2020 (7 weeks).
- All field expenses (travel, accommodation, food, travel insurance) will be covered. Also, students will receive a stipend during the 7-week field internship.
- Post-field semester; Fall 2020 (28 hours)
- Attending classes
- Collecting field data
- Co-authoring publications
- Professional presentations
- Preparing video products about the program
- Complete the application form
- Submit a letter of interest (400-word limit)
- A YouTube link to a video cover-letter (1min limit) specifying the reasons you are interested in this program, how you can contribute to the project and how it will affect your career
- Two letters of recommendation
Applicants must send all materials to email@example.com with subject line “TCI IRES Program application” by November 15, 2019, at 11:59pm EST.
Please visit the program site for more information.