The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) of the University of Miami, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science invites applications for an Assistant Scientist (ID:R100033062) position in NOAA’s Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory Ocean Chemistry and Ecosystems Division.
The work will involve using and interpreting large data sets and developing bioinformatic pipelines that extract useful information from eDNA datasets.
- Experience with a variety of eDNA primers and primer design, bioinformatics, ecological statistics and ecological modeling.
- Must have a Ph.D. in marine ecology, marine biology, systems ecology, genetics, or a related field and one year of relevant post-doctoral experience.
- Experience with Linux command line, scripting languages (Perl, Python, R, Bash, etc.).
- Expertise with bioinformatics portals and software, and proper bioinformatic/software documentation are needed.
- A strong publication record, strong computer skills, the ability to work with large amounts of data and familiarity with interdisciplinary ecosystem analyses.
Apply on their career site and include a statement of interest, CV and the names of three people who can provide letters of recommendation are required.