The National Park Service (NPS), Everglades National Park (ENP), South Florida Natural Research Center is seeking an ecological data analyst with excellent quantitative skills to join a productive research team working with Everglades biological data and ecological forecast modeling for ENP biological resource management and Everglades restoration planning.
- Collection, analysis, interpretation and storage of biological records for validation
- Data analysis of engineering, scientific and biological systems
- Organizing and summarizing acquired data by applying computerized formulas and mathematical/scientific techniques
- Assesses modeling and simulation results
- Preparing scientific and environmental reports to support environmental protection or other NPS missions
The position requires formal education and experience in ecology, geography, conservation biology or related fields. Applicants should be experienced with quantitative data analysis, and have geospatial skills. Programming and ecological modeling experience is desirable. A PhD is preferred, though quantitative modeling experience and publication experience could be an acceptable substitute.
Salary for the position is at the GS-10 or GS-11 level depending upon experience and includes a benefits package. The position will be based in Homestead FL.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and CV to Tylan Dean, email@example.com, and list “data analyst position” in the subject line.